United Kingdom time (GMT), with Norwegian time (GMT+1) in paranthesis.
- Ocean Acidification in the North East Atlantic, Arctic and Baltic Waters. With: Natalya Gallo, postdoc at UiB and the Bjerknes Centre.
11:00 AM - 12:00 PM GMT (12.00-13.00 UTC+1)
- Let’s start the ocean data revolution in the Nordics! In the panel: Kikki Kleiven, Director of the Bjerknes Centre. Moderator: Richard Sanders, ICOS, NORCE and the Bjerknes Centre.
02.00 PM – 03.00 PM GMT (15.00-16.00 UTC+1)
- Ocean connections from the Arctic across the globe. With Prof. Noel Keenlyside, at the UiB and the Bjerknes Centre.
04:00 PM - 05:00 PM GMT (17.00-18.00 UTC+1)
On this day the Global Carbon Budget is launched, and researchers from the Bjerknes Centre, UiB and NORCE have been central to its creation. Researchers participating this year is: Meike Becker, Siv Kari Lauvset, Steve Jones og Jörg Schwinger
- Guiding Climate Policy: What role can universities play beyond COP26? by the International Universities Climate Alliance (IUCA). With: Kikki Kleiven, Director Bjerknessenteret.
10.00 AM - 11.30 AM GMT (11.00-12.30 UTC+1)
- Carbon conservation and sequestration in ocean: nature-based and technology solutions. With Professor Lise Øvreås.
02.00 PM - 03.00 PM GMT (15.00-16.00 UTC+1).
- “The Ocean Decade: Catalysing climate action in Asia and the Pacific”. Event at the "Japanese Pavilion", the N-POC-programme will be presented as a good example of an important Ocean Decade initiative at the UiB and the University of South Pacific.
10.30 AM - 12.00 PM GMT (11.30-13.30 UTC+1).
Watch it at the Japanese Pavillions Youtube channel
Official side events can be followed here: Side events webcast page | UNFCCC