In order to increase its knowledge and meet these challenges, the City of Bergen participates as a partner in MARE, an INTERREG IVB project in the North Sea region focusing on climate change and prevention of its consequences. The city’s partners in MARE are from Dordrecht (the Netherlands), Sheffield and Hannover.
Main goals in MARE program are to develop a transnational approach to waterway management that includes local precautions against the risk of floods based on the requirements in the Floods Directive, and to develop ‘best practice solutions’ for local flood risk management and help make them known across borders and in other cities/places with similar problems.
- Presentation of the representatives: MARE, Seattle, Regional Climate Panel and Regional Climate Forum Network, by Eva Britt Isager
- Presentation of MARE by Ellen Kelder
- Presentation of the demonstration projects in Bergen, by Magnar Sekse
- Presentation of the research project WestPrecip; What does this mean for Bergen and Omland.
- Surface water management, by Bjerknes Center (VA-agency)
- Pause with a light snack
- Presentation of havstigningsprosjektet, by Nansen Center
- What does this mean for Bergen and Omland? Industry's input (Gundersen)
- Action from the municipality and the region? What can we learn from each other? Some observations from the insurance sector, by TrygVesta
- Feedback from participants, discussion
Time and place
May 25th 14.30 – 17.30 pm
Grand Selskapslokaler, Ole Bulls plass
Please, sign up within Mayth24 here.
Welcome to Klimaforum. Free entrance. Open to all interested.
Mark: This Klimaforum will be held in English.
Klimaforum is a collaboration between the Bjerknes Centre for Climate Research, the Municipality of Bergen, Bergen Chamber of Commerce and Industry and Bergen Scenarios 2020.